1. What happened over the past week?
Over the past week, I started to work on my Genius Hour project like every Genius Hour day. I worked on it and watched the same old tutorial that I have been watching this whole time. I got a bit of work done yesterday but I could of got a lot more done but that is okay because I still have lots of time to work on this.
2. How did it make you feel?
Today I felt a bit different just because I came back from a long 4 day break from school and I just felt really tired and didn’t feel that inspired to work. That might of been the reason I did not get lots done.
3. What did you learn? What challenges did you face?
I did not really learn a lot of stuff yesterday just because in the tutorial that I am currently following, we’re doing the same stuff over and over again just to get used to the features and commands. But I do feel that I will start to learn lots of new things later into these tutorials. Maybe next week I will learn more stuff.
I did not face many challenges just because I did not do a lot of stuff that is new. The same problem from last week where everything does not look nice is back which could be kind of annoying a times because it makes it hard to see.
4. How are you going to overcome these challenges?
I am going to keep searching up fixes on the internet and hopefully fix it one day. Right now it is not going very good for finding fixes because it does not seem like it is a very common issue.
5. What failed and why did this happen?
Nothing really failed, it was just really laggy overall and had to wait for a bit for it to load.
6. What do you anticipate in the future?
I anticipate in the future that I will be able to fix everything and will be able to work to my fullest again for next week’s Genius Hour. I also anticipate that I will learn more stuff about Unity and will be able to make my game look better.
7. Write what you learned, and if you did not learn anything why?
I did not learn a lot just because in the tutorial that I am following I am doing the same thing over and over again just to add some beauty to the game and get used to knowing where everything is and how to use it the proper way and not just break your game. I just hope that in later tutorials we will start to learn lots more.
8. What are the strengths and weaknesses for your project?
- Make a very beautiful game
- Lots of options to choose from
- You can make anything you want using your creativity
- Problems do not happen too often
- Free! No need to pay
- Controls are easy to use.
- Too much to remember
- Takes a long time to get used too.
- Game can lag and hang sometimes
- Textures work very weird.